Ready to rent our longarm machines to finish your quilts yourself? We have everything you need to be successful including all the goodies and gadgets to make it easy. To be qualified to rent by the hour you’ll need to take the Rental Certification Class. In this class, you will learn the ins and outs of quilting on our longarm machines.
Our Rental Certification class is kept to no more than two students so you can get focused attention. The class generally runs about 3.5 - 4 hours.
A Quilt Fairy will instruct you throughout the whole class. You will learn:
- How to attach your quilt back to the longarm machine frame
- How to pick out the right color thread
- How to load your quilt to the frame
- How to set up a paper pattern (pantograph)
- How to hold the longarm machine
- How to use the laser
- How to adjust your tension
- How to Advance, Baste and Clamp
- How to fill in negative spaces
- How to remove the finished quilt from the frame
By the end, you will have your own completed quilt!
In class we’ll show you how to use our zipper system to cut down on the amount of time it takes to load your quilt top. You can also purchase a set of zippers yourself so you can attach your quilt back to the zippers at home, which will dramatically decrease the amount of time you use loading your quilts to the frame.